Plumbing Permit Information

The responsibility for the administration of plumbing and gas permits and inspections falls under the authority of the Technical Safety Authority of Saskatchewan (TSASK). TSASK establishes and enforces national code and safety standards through permit, inspection and licensing services.


  • Homeowner plumbing permits can be obtained only if the plumbing system is not connected to communal sewage or communal waterworks systems. For more information visit
  • All gas work performed in the province must be done by a licensed gas contractor.
  • Homeowners can verify their contractors are licensed through the search engine or their contractor can provide them with a valid digital copy of a paid permit.
  • Once a permit has been issued or inspected and passed, the permit holder may provide a copy to their municipality if required.

If you have any questions please email

TSASK - Frequently Asked Questions.

TSASK - Permit Information.